This is a catch up post I planned for Halloween but missed due to a looooooong day of work, followed by a loooooooong day of rest (and an preempted impromptu shopping trip as per last entry XD )
Back in September I went to Klub Kandy – uni student dance party @ Family / Halloween in September – so yup! Halloween came early for me, quite unexpectedly too! My awesome friend Lindsay messaged me in the morning and asked if I wanted to go KK. Being stupid, I thought KK stood for KaraoKe so.. I said SURE! Why not right?
Anyway to the point. Average age range from 18-24? Lets say I am no longer in that range, and I haven’t been to a dance party in a LONG time.
Besides that fact I ended up having fun, reason being… I got to dress up! Yay for Halloween in September! They did this because Halloween falls during study prep week and good for me because I worked Halloween. Looking back I think this is my first ever halloween dress up party o_o!
Mean Girls – “In Girl World, Halloween is the one night a year when girls can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it”
Hence Lindsay transforming from B-Girl dancer to school girl..
She’s so awesome she can even pose while putting on a sock!
My highschool friend Ouch, the mummy photographer. I asked him if I could have his camera. He said no. Side note: I’ve never seen a mummy wear glasses before. He told me it took 2 hours to ‘put’ on his costume. He also had to figure out the logistics of being able to pee while wearing his costume. o_o;;
Posing @ Family – got free devil headbands – yay another addition to my headgear collection
Leaving @ 3am tired and sweaty – we had a good work out
Lastly – some sailor camwhoring !
Things I’ve learnt
- Drinks including water cost money so suck up to the bartender = free water and mocktails!
- Don’t bring an SLR camera – almost 1kg weight is impossible to dance and carry round, also not so cool
- Don’t give your number to strangers at KK – they could turn out to be 9 years younger than you ^^;
- Wear flat shoes and not heels, not matter how good they look – its nice to be able to dance without complaining about your feet
- Bring cash – credit does not work, also I dont think many students have credit cards haha..
- Its fun to dress up – the kid in me has never left
- I have more endurance than I thought and all without alcohol! High on life wooooo! XD
- Its fun to go back in time – reliving the moments of my youth haha.. *sigh*
Will be posting up photos from the races soonish!