Hehe, like my title? I dyed my hair last Wednesday with Kao Prettia Marshmellow Brown (Japanese hair dye I bought this at MyCube shop @Sunnybank – cool shop btw)
I wanted to try this one because its a BUBBLE foam dye (tee hee hee coz bubbles are fun!) instead of the traditional cream type dyes so its much much much easier to apply – its like applying mousse to your hair.. I usually get my brother to help me but this time I was able to do it on my own YAY!
So heres the box / colour chart / how to apply
Basically, 1 + 2 = BUBBLES! Mix the colour solution (1) in the applicator bottle with the developer (the white stuff – 2), push the middle and whitish, purplish bubbles come out. Its much awesomesauce, I reused it for my shampoo – now my shampoo automatically foams o_o! I left mine on for 40 minutes (they recommend 20-30 mins). Smell was the usual dye smell, being in a liquid foam is no different but supposedly its less damaging to your hair which is good coz my hair is going to hell being so thin..
(Sorry, I didn’t take a proper BEFORE picture XD, the one above is a selca from Swell festival, regrowth dark brown-black and brownish dark chocolate ends)
So.. prettia? Results are in from this week – I got NO COMMENTS on the colour or state of my hair from my coworkers, parents and friends, which means they either didn’t notice or didn’t like it !! OTL
I wanted a lighter colour like the one on the box (middle to bottom colour chart/model hair colour) – this is of course was an unrealistic expectation because they photoshop the hair colour in on the models! Even knowing that I still wanted a miracle something similar, but my hair was on the darker side to begin with.
On my side of things –
- At least my hair is now an all even colour!
- The colour isn’t bad nice – I like it but I wanted to go a bit lighter for summer~ *whinge* its just very very similar to the colour I had before Prettia… *whinge some more*
- Left a nice sheen, as most dyes do
- Not that much damaging, so far so good~
- Reusing the foam applicator for my shampoo
- So easy to do, I’d do it again if it wasn’t so expensive to buy in Australia
- The colour pay off is weak but I suppose true to the colour chart on the box
- I was going to put the leftovers on my hair the next day but I read that its probably not good for your hair. BUT~~! I did do a small chunk as a test to see if it would go lighter (left it on for 50 mins!) but nooo.. slightly lighter but not much diff
- Hair is slightly drier after dying (I kinda liked this though, means I didn’t have to wash my hair for awhile =3)
Therefore – sadly I am NOT prettia ;_;