Cannot for the life of me make a coherent post for the last week or so.. because I’ve been lazy busy.
So here’s another mishmash of things that have happened in the last few days..
Dec 14th – 2nd Konad experiment..
Base – Orly – Blackout + VOV Chamon – Lilac
Stamp – Konad special white, Sally Hansen X-treme wear – Celeb City, Revlon Not So Blue-Berry
Top – Sally Hansen Diamond Shine
Plate – m57 – leopard print / lace leopard print
Couldn’t decide whether I wanted to go light or dark so I went with BOTH hence the black and lilac. Celeb City as a stamp colour worked the best so far.. Revlon Not so Blue-Berry umm.. not bad coz its not as contrasty but smell is nice – constantly asking people to smell my fingers (lol! they smell like berries okay?!). The leopard print is turned out reallly good, people kept asking me if it was fake or a sticker. Fact – I’ve only had a proper manicure done once in my life only because Moon took me while I was in Korea =3 I think manicures are a waste of money esp because I’m so careless. In conclusion – konad is awesomesauce I can do myself!
Dec 15th – Guess what this is…
I won’t show you my failed experiment when I first ripped the package and tried every colour and stamp – it was SCARY O_O!
Here is my first proper attempt at konad stamping! Oh and I should probably give a warning that
- This is another girly post XD
- I’m terrible at doing my nails
- My nails are weak and tend to break and peel easy- it was a wonder my nails are at somewhat decent length to do this!
- Already day 2 and they had started chipping when I took this photo (I’m not the most delicate person so I trash my nails XD )
- It’s my first time stamping!
Nail of the day/week/whenever it comes off! aka NOTD (keke, I’m learning and implementing new internet annotations)
Base – Arezia – teal green
Stamp – Konad special white + Skin Food Pedisparkle – rose gold
Top – Sally Hansen Diamond Shine
Plate – Konad S9
Omg I ♥ plate S9 ^^ I have a weakness for Japanese prints. I also luvvv the sakura and the kimono doll so I went for those first! Always loved this teal colour I bought from Sasa in China and thought gold would be a perfect match.. but..
I wasn’t sure how the gold polish was going to work because you’re suppose to use the special polish for stamping because its thicker – it also dries incredibly fast so you have to be quick when stamping!
So anyway.. I went with the konad special white because it shows up better and used gold on top as an accent instead. From far away the gold on top makes it look a bit messy like I’ve made a mistake >< so might try the gold alone again sometime.. Overall not a bad job for my first time, quite proud of myself despite being a little smudgy here and there haha..
Showing you my middle finger! (in macro shot with flash!) XD
Things I’ve learnt
- The metal scraper that comes with the kit – don’t use it, it leaves scratch marks on your precious plates !! You can already see the marks on my plate ㅠ_ㅜ I using a laminated card now which works just as well (lol thanks Brisbane Rocksports)
- Be quick at stamping or the polish drys on the plate and nothing comes out
- Other polishes do work on the plates, just wait for them to dry out a bit on the plate, lightly scrape back and forth to get it in the pattern – although they may not be as opaque as the special polishes, so choose something contrasty
- If you’re unco like me, its possible to roll your nail over the stamp to get good positioning rather than rolling the stamp over your nail
- After stamping, it still may smudge especially when putting on top coat.. solution is to use a lot of top coat and don’t brush on the newly stamped pattern – just use the brush to spread the coat over
- Not as hard as it looks and is childishly fun !!
Oh and I bought the basics konad kit myself from Gmarket – see my last post. @Yeeshin will show you the wig soon in upcoming post ~ ^^
Finally, here’s some more photo spammage..