The joys of travel – aloha

Aloha .. Hello and goodbye..

I got a text at 12.30 after work on Saturday that my plane was going to be delayed 2 and a bit hours from 4.30 to 6.45. Oh my. On any other flight I wouldn’t have cared. But this flight was a connecting one to Honololu.

Well .. I made it here … Sunny(?) Ha-why-hee! After calling here and there.. panicking and rushing to the airport in hopes to get an earlier flight. 3 hours waiting at the airport where all Sydney flights have been delayed due to bad ass weather and crazy traffic control.

Nervously going in and out of shops hoping the one they put me on at 5.30 will not be further delayed to make my connection at 9. Which fully confirms that I cannot stay still at the slightest uncertainly ._. My poor heart.

Boarding was on time ( despite being the 3.30 flight that got pushed to 5.30!) and another hour passed on the plane squashed on a full flight between two how shall I say well filled out people who took my armrest AND my leg space. Fast forward another hour out of thin air due to daylight savings I arrived in one squashed piece in Sydney only to rush off the plane and check into my next flight leaving in 40 mins. In a different terminal. oTL

Pacing for another 7 minutes the bus came to whisk me to the international terminal 7 minutes – run run run the airport is too big! 5 minutes. Step one get boarding pass. 5 minutes. Step 2 counter guy gives me a pass to speed through security and immigration. (5 minutes) Woop! Done. Navigate all the freaking way through all the maze of the duty free shops to the gate (5 minutes) .. Not going to make it..

Got to the gate. A mass of people still standing around omg did the flight already close? Or it hasnt left? Look at the board it says . Los Angeles .. Small freak out until I peek at other passengers tickets which say Honololu .. Big sigh of relief. Sit down and wait for another 30 minutes. Board and wait for another 30 minutes because the run away has too many delayed flights that need to land.

Fly for 10 hrs with hardly any sleep. Exhausted. Wait some 4 hours more. Get on another plane. 30 minutes.

Lost luggage. Damn.

Whatever here is some photos



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comment *